March 23, 2020
- For the quarterly tax payment due on April 15, 2020, all penalties and interest are waived through July 1, 2020.
- Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 the 3% fee for making tax payments online is waived. Payments can be made with a credit card at www.RIGOV.com with the account and pin numbers location on the tax bill. Taxpayers can call the Mayor's Office at 401-727-7474 for the account and pin numbers.
- The Tax Sale scheduled for Wednesday, March 2th has been postponed to Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
AVISO-Renuncia a sanciones y tasas
El 23 de marzo de 2020
- Para el pago de impuestos trimestral que vence el 15 de abril de 2020, todas las multas e intereses se desestiman hasta el 1 de julio de 2020.
- A partir del lunes 23 de marzo de 2020, se elimina la tasa del 3% por realizar pagos de impuestos en linea. Los pagos se pueden hacer con una tarjeta de credito en www.RIGOV.com con los numeros de cuenta y PIN incluidos en la factura de impuestos. Contribuyentes peuen llamar a la Oficina del Alcalde al 401-727-747 para los numeros de cuenta y PIN.
- La venta de impuestos programada para el miercoles 25 de marzo de 2020 se a pospuesto al 16 de junio del 2020.
Now Accepting Credit Cards for all Tax Payments
We are now accepting credit cards for all tax payments, i.e. real estate, tangible and motor vehicles. We accept MasterCard or Visa. NOTE: there is a convenience fee of 3% with a minimum fee of $2.
There are three options to pay:
- You can pay at the tax collection window at City Hall (580 Broad St.).
- You can pay via www.RIEGOV.com with your account number and your PIN number which is printed on your tax bill. Or you can receive your PIN number by calling the finance department at 727-7470.
- You can pay via the phone - 866-873-9162 - or if you want to speak to someone 888-891-6064 (Option 1).
March 25, 2020 Tax Sale Postponed New Date: June 16, 2020
City of Central Falls Collector’s Sale of Estates for Taxes and Assessments Due and Unpaid Rescheduled to June 16, 2020
Anyone interested in participating in the June 16, 2020 City of Central Falls tax sale must pre-register by June 14, 2020.
In order to pre-register, you must fill out both of the below forms in full and send the completed forms to CFTaxSale@wjcLaw.com by June 14, 2020.
The undersigned, Finance Director of the City of Central Falls, hereby gives notice that a public auction scheduled to be held in the Central Falls City Hall Council Chamber, 580 Broad Street, Central Falls, RI 02863, on March 25, 2020 at 11:00am has been rescheduled to accommodate COVID-19 Social Distancing Protocols.
The Central Falls Tax Sale will be held on June 16th, 2020 at 11:00am at the Calcutt Middle School Gymnasium at 112 Washington Street, Central Falls, RI 02863. Entrance to the Gymnasium is along Perry Street.
Pre-Registration is required. To accommodate Social Distancing protocols, all participants must pre-register by Sunday June 14th, 2020.
The properties identified in the March 2, 2020 advertisement (or as updated and posted on the City’s website beginning Monday, June 1, 2020) shall be offered for sale for the amount of outstanding liens on the real estate as defined under R.I. Gen. Laws § 44-9-1 et seq. together with the interest, costs and expenses incident to this sale. Acceptable purchase may occur by payment via cash, certified check, or money order, and in Compliance with R.I. Gen. Laws §44-9-13 and R.I. Gen. Laws §44-9-13.1.
Any person that has an interest in any of the properties may redeem said interest in the property under R.I. Gen. Laws §44-9-19 even if the property is sold at auction so long as the interested party, within one (1) year from the date of sale, tenders the outstanding liens, interests, costs, expenses, and an additional ten percent (10%) penalty on the sale amount, plus one percent (1%) additional interest on the sale amount from the seventh (7th) month onward. After one (1) year, interested parties may exercise their right to redeem their interest in the property through the purchaser, or, if a Petition to Foreclose upon the Right of Redemption has been filed with the Superior Court, the interested party may redeem through the court unless and until a Final Decree has been entered foreclosing upon said Right of Redemption.
Barbara Addison, CPA
Director of Finance
- Central Falls City Revised Budget FY 2020
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2020
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2019
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2018
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2017
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2016
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2015
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2014
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2013
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2012
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2011
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2010
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2009
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2008
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2007
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2006
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2005
- Central Falls City Budget FY 2004
- Central Falls FY 2019 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2018 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2017 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2016 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2015 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2014 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2013 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2012 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2011 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2010 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2009 Audit
- Central Falls FY 2008 Audit
- Annual Actuarial Valuation of the Pension Plan-2020
- Annual Actuarial Valuation of the Post Retirement Benefits Plan-2020
- Cover Letter to July 1, 2018 Actuarial Valuation
- Annual Actuarial Valuation of the Pension System - 2018
- Annual Actuarial Valuation of the Pension System - 2017
- Annual Actuarial Valuation of the Pension System - 2016
- Annual Actuarial Valuation of the Pension System - 2014
- Annual Actuarial Valuation of the Pension System - 2013
- Annual OPEB Valuation - 2017
- Annual OPEB Valuation - 2015
- Annual OPEB Valuation - 2013
The City’s tax collections staff is responsible for collecting all municipal taxes on real estate and personal property in the city. These individuals also issue municipal lien certificates and answer municipal tax questions.
Finance & Accounting
The City’s finance and accounting staff is responsible for all municipal treasury, bookkeeping and payroll functions. They monitor and maintain control over all accounts in the City’s various governmental funds, develop budgets, process the City’s payroll, pay vendors and prepare for the annual audit.