FY’15 Adopted Budget

You can view the adopted budget for fiscal year 2015 by clicking the following link: Adopted FY’15 Budget

Audit as of June 30, 2013

Audit as of June 30, 2012

Central Falls Pension Plan Actuarial Valuation Report as of July 1, 2013

Central Falls OPEB Actuarial Valuation as of June 30, 2013

FY’14 Adopted Budget

You can view the adopted budget for fiscal year 2014 by clicking the following link: Adopted FY’14 Budget

Tax Collections

The City’s tax collections staff is responsible for collecting all municipal taxes on real estate and personal property in the city. These individuals also issue municipal lien certificates and answer municipal tax questions.

Finance & Accounting

The City’s finance and accounting staff is responsible for all municipal treasury, bookkeeping and payroll functions. They monitor and maintain control over all accounts in the City’s various governmental funds, develop budgets, process the City’s payroll, pay vendors and prepare for the annual audit.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I pay my taxes?

We currently accept cash, personal checks and money orders (certified bank funds). If you are delinquent you must pay with cash or certified bank funds. Unfortunately you cannot pay your bill online at this time. You can either pay in person at the Finance office on the 1st floor of City Hall or mail us your payment to the address at the top of the left-hand column.

When are my taxes due?

The 2013 tax bills will be mailed in Mid-July with the following due dates:  August 1st, October 1st, January 1st, April 1st.

Is there a grace period?

Yes, there is a six (6) business day grace period for every due date.

How can I change the mailing address on my tax bill?

See the Assessor’s Office portion of the website to obtain a change of address form. This form must be completed by the property owner ONLY and returned to the Assessor’s Office. The form can be mailed, emailed, or dropped off in person at the Assessor’s window on the first floor of City Hall. PLEASE NOTE: Any forms submitted by someone other than the property owner will NOT be honored.

How can I get a clearance letter for a car registration renewal?

You must be current with your vehicle tax payments in order to renew your registration. If you are current, your registration will be mailed to you at the address you have given to the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles.

However, if you are delinquent with any of the four quarterly payment installments, you must pay your bill IN FULL (entire year) with cash or certified bank funds to receive a clearance letter from the City of Central Falls. All delinquent registrations are held at City Hall until all your vehicle tax bills are paid in full. Once the vehicle tax is paid in full, you will receive a clearance letter or registration renewal that you can then take to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to renew your registration.

Showing 2 reactions

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.