How can I get a clearance letter for a car registration renewal?

You must be current with your vehicle tax payments in order to renew your registration. If you are current, your registration will be mailed to you at the address you have given to the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles.

However, if you are delinquent with any of the four quarterly payment installments, you must pay your bill IN FULL (entire year) with cash or certified bank funds to receive a clearance letter from the City of Central Falls. All delinquent registrations are held at City Hall until all your vehicle tax bills are paid in full. Once the vehicle tax is paid in full, you will receive a clearance letter or registration renewal that you can then take to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to renew your registration.

Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.