Read and share our latest Community e-newsletter!
Thank you for everyone's positive feedback on our first E-Newsletter last week. Please don't hesitate to forward this to your friends and urge people to sign-up to receive this regular email at our website.
Open Transparent Government
Over the last few months, the City has launched Open Central Falls: an open data portal for city residents to know more about their government. On this site, you can read city council ordinances and minutes as well as the city budget, city contracts, our recent audit and information about our pension system.
You can also now watch our City Council meetings on YouTube. That way, if you can't make it to City Hall, you can watch the meeting and interact with your City Council member via phone or email.
Empowering Central Falls Students
Every Central Falls student from grades 3 to 12 will be loaned a Google Chromebook Laptop in order to enrich their educational experience. The Pawtucket Times ran a great story about this program and how it will empower our students to succeed on even higher levels.
Celebrating Central Falls' Women
This past Saturday, over 50 people crowded into the Council chambers for the 1st Annual International Women's Day celebration organized by City Councilwoman Stephanie Gonzalez.
It was a tremendous event and you can view more pictures from the event here.
Central Falls' Birthday
Join us on Thursday, March 19th at 3:00pm at City Hall for the 2015 Founder’s Day - Central Fall’s 120th Birthday! The event will feature the following:
* Presentations by: Mayor James Diossa, The Mayor’s Youth Council and CFHS Teacher Bob Scappini
* Free Birthday Cake for all in attendance
* A free guided bus tour around our city with historical narration throughout ride by Mr. Scappini
* Free raffles of Gift Cards to local businesses just for attending!
In addition, here are some additional events coming up in the community:
- Saturday, March 14 - Lions Club Breakfast - Join the Central Falls Lions Club for their 4th Annual Snowflake Breakfast on Saturday at 900am at St. George's Episcopal Church at 12 Clinton St. in Central Falls.
- Tuesday, March 17 - Irish Flag Raising - Join Senator Betty Crowley and Mayor James Diossa for a raising of the Irish Flag at City Hall at 12:00 noon in honor of St. Patrick's Day and all Irish-Americans.
- Thursday, March 19 - City Hall Extended Hours and Mayor's Office Hours. From 4:00pm to 6:30pm, on a first-come, first-serve basis, residents can come and talk with the Mayor about any issue or request. At the same time, City Hall is open for you to pay taxes and other city services.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me by calling the Mayor’s Office at (401) 727-7474 or emailing [email protected]
Mayor James Diossa