Municipal Court

*NEW* Pay your Parking Ticket Online

  * Click here to pay your parking ticket online.

Coronavirus & COVID-19 Update

  * The Central Falls Municipal Court is still holding Court in person, in compliance with COVID-19 safety guidelines.  Municipal Court is at 6:00pm on the following dates:

  • September 8th
  • September 22nd
  • October 6th
  • October 20th
  • November 10th
  • December 8th

  * El Tribunal Municipal de Central Falls todavía está llevando a cabo el Tribunal en persona, de conformidad con las pautas de seguridad relacionadas con COVID-19. El Tribunal Municipal se llevará a cabo en las siguientes fechas:

  • 8 de septiembre
  • 22 de septiembre
  • 6 de octubre
  • 20 de octubre
  • 10 de noviembre
  • 8 de diciembre

Good Driving Record Dismissal Policy

Rhode Island has a law called the “Good Driver’s Statute (GDS). In order to qualify for the GDS, you must possess an active/valid license for the last (3) three years. Your record must be clear of any moving violations within the last (3) three years. If you have not had an active driver’s license for 3 years, but your record is clear of traffic violations, the Judge, at her/his discretion, may allow you to perform community service in exchange for a dismissal. Federal law prohibits dismissal under the “Good Driver’s Statute” (GDS) for those with a commercial driver’s license (CDL). Likewise, you cannot use the “Good Driver’s Statute (GDS) if the traffic ticket was issued in connection with an automobile accident.

            Motorists who qualify for and wish to utilize their good driving record under the Good Driving Record Dismissal Statute (RIGL 31-41.1-7), may do so by signing and mailing the required form to the Clerk along with the State Mandated Court Costs of $60.  Mailed payments must be in the form of check or money order to:

Central Falls Municipal Court

Attn: Clerk

160 Illinois Street

Central Falls, RI 02863

            If you are not eligible for the Good Driving Record Dismissal, but wish to pay your fines, you may also mail in your payment (via check or money order) with the citation information to the address listed above.  Be advised that if you choose to pay your fine and do not qualify for a Good Driving Record Dismissal, you will be foregoing your right to a trial and a guilty plea will be entered on your behalf.  If you wish to plead Not Guilty, then you must appear on the Court date previously assigned. Please note that all citations originally scheduled for March 24, 2020 will now be heard on June 16, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. and all matters originally scheduled for April 7, 2020 will be heard on June 30, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.  All Court sessions will take place at the Central Falls City Hall, 580 Broad Street, Central Falls, RI 02863.  YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL MANDATED PROTOCOLS INCLUDING WEARING A MASK AND MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCE.  IF YOU DO NOT FEEL WELL AND ARE SHOWING ANY SYMPTOMS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CLERK AT 401-616-2557 TO RESCHEDULE YOUR COURT DATE.

            If you are unsure whether you qualify for a dismissal under the Good Driving Statute, kindly contact our clerk, Nathalie Benway, at 401-616-2557 or and she will assist you.  Please note that there is a dropbox located in the lobby of the Central Falls Police Department in the event that you prefer to drop off your payment (in the form of check or money order) with the enclosed form at any time. 



About the Court

The Central Falls Municipal Court is authorized by RIGL § 45-2.27 and Chapter 14 of the Central Falls Code of Ordinances.

The Municipal Court hears various cases including the following: traffic and parking offenses, violations of the mimimum housing code statute and the violation of any ordinance.  The Municipal Court may impose a sentence not to exceed thirty (30) days in jail and impose a fine not in excess of five hundred dollars ($500), or both. The court is empowered to administer oaths, compel the attendance of witnesses, and punish persons for contempt, and to execute search warrants to the extent the warrants could be executed by a judge of the district court.

The Municipal Court Judge is Raymond Cooney and the Associate Municipal Court (Housing Court) Judge is Robert McConnell.

Municipal Court Sessions

Municipal Court sessions are held on alternate Tuesday evenings at 6:00PM in the City Council Chambers at City Hall. Cases are heard by appointment only and are scheduled by the court. Proper attire is required and cell phones must be turned off during court.

Municipal Housing Court

The next session of the Central Falls Municipal Housing Court will be held on August 13, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. at the Department of Code Enforcement and Zoning, 1280 High Street, Central Falls, Rhode Island. On August 13, the Court will be hearing receivership matters only. If you received a summons to appear in Court on August 12, 2020 due to an environmental ticket or code violation, please appear on September 8th at 5:30 p.m. You will be sent another summons confirming the September 8th date. 

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, only those individuals with business before the Court may attend the session; however, if you would like to watch the Housing Court via Zoom, follow this link:

Passcode: 415121
Or iPhone one-tap :
 US: +16465588656,,92972972983#,,,,,,0#,,415121# or
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
        US: +1 646 558 8656  or
 +1 301 715 8592  or +1 312 626 6799  or
 +1 669 900 9128  or +1 253 215 8782  or
 +1 346 248 7799  or
 833 548 0282 (Toll Free) or
 877 853 5247 (Toll Free) or
 888 788 0099 (Toll Free) or
 833 548 0276 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 929 7297 2983
Passcode: 415121
All participants of Housing Court will be required to abide by the following safety measures:
  • All parties attending Court must wear a mask;
  • Only one individual will be allowed into the Housing Court at a time, once your case is over you must exit the Court before the next party enters;
  • All those waiting to be heard by the Court must stand outside, six feet apart, and will be called into Court by the Court Clerk when their case is ready to be heard;
  • The Court will be closed to all others, but will be broadcasted via Zoom. 

If you have received a summons, but cannot attend or do not wish to attend the hearing due to a COVID-19 related issue, please contact (401) 727-7460 in order to reschedule your case to a future date. 

Court Rules

Court begins on time - prepare to have signed in and taken a seat by 6:00PM. Cell phone use is prohibited in the court room. Please turn off your phone or set it to silent mode. If you must use your phone, remove yourself from the court room first. Proper Attire is required - no shorts, tank tops, etc.  Payments are due upon judgment. Although fines vary (see your summons), there is an additional $35.00 court cost per infraction fee.  Payments may be made by check or money order (made payable to: City of Central Falls). 


Payment of court fees is due at the time of judgment. The Central Falls Municipal Court does not accept credit cards, debit cards, or electronic payments. Payment may be made by cash, check, or money order. All returned checks will be assessed an additional $25 fee.

Contact Us

Municipal Court - Please contact Municipal Court Clerk Natalie Benway at the Central Falls Police Department located at 160 Illinois St. in Central Falls, RI 02863 or via the phone at (401) 616-2557 or via email at NBenway at

Housing Court - Please contact Housing Court Clerk Venuz Madrid at the Central Falls Code Enforcement Department located at 1280 High Street in Central Falls, RI 02863 or via the phone at (401) 727-7460 or via email at

Additional Links

 * Obtaining your Massachusetts Driving Record:
 * Suspended license information: 
 * RI DMV Locations and hours:
 * Check the status of your license:

Showing 10 reactions

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
  • Eddie Cod
    You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this. [url=]what does ceo stand for[/url]
  • lee qeen
    We are providing a lot of good services. With the advertising search engine, you will benefit from using our services. and much more benefit from my company.Thanks
  • roman davis
    City court or municipal court is a court of law that hears the case only about Traffic, Parking, and housing. I think this is the best news for Law students who are completing their Law degree.
  • Chad Willis
    Glad that the municipal court’s availability is published as well as its responsibilities. <a href=“”" rel="nofollow">">illuminatural 6i review</a>
  • Manuel Rigley
  • Manuel Rigley
  • Sarah Taylor
    What is the difference among municipal and county court? Does a District Attorney have jurisdiction in municipal court?
  • Anonymous
    I’m exceptionally started up to uncover it to each body. It fulfills me so your huge data and shrewdness have another channel for attempting into the field. i am trusting you will safeguard this web website progressive so clients can come and read energizing stories.
  • Anonymous
    Wow its a awesome news for me really Articles that have meaningful and insightful topics are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them as their perspective could possibly help you in the future.
  • Deborah Bastian
    no every modern court has public records search by federal law. People should be able to look up jail arrests, court decisions.