Central Falls City Hall Internship Opportunity
The Mayor’s Office internship is an unpaid, academic credit opportunity that fulfills a variety of roles within the Mayor’s Office through communications efforts for the City of Central Falls. The summer or semester intern will gain experience working in planning, outreach and communications.
Interns are treated as team members and given tasks that provide them with the ability to grow in their future professional careers. Student(s) must be willing to travel to Central Falls office for a minimum of twice a week. Our office is located at 580 Broad Street, Central Falls, RI 02863. After interning with our office, each student will leave with a portfolio of work completed throughout the internship experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Mayor’s administration to develop city branding tactics, messaging and design
- Meets with community members on behalf of the Department and transcribes interviews
- Assists with increasing visibility on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and the official web portal for the City
- Builds and maintains relevant local and national media lists
- Assists with providing copy for the City website
- Strategizes new web content and updating web materials
- Provides assistance during strategizing and implementation of City event planning
- Assists in establishing and conducting City’s marketing and public relations efforts
- Develops communications tools to engage Central Falls residents in city government and public events.
Position Skills/Qualifications Required:
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and research skills
- Highly technical and detail oriented abilities
Students should be ready to work in a professional environment and be confident working both independently and in a team setting. Students should have some flexibility in their schedule. Preference is given to students entering their junior or senior year of college.
A full application includes a cover letter, resume and a letter of recommendation. All items will be equally considered when reviewing candidates for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer