BVCAP offers a range of courses focused on academic skills development, educational workshops, and more. BVCAP offers both English as Second Language and Citizenship classes. Academic classes last three sessions and include work readiness, college readiness, financial literacy, basic computer skills and touch typing. Educational workshops include Fast Math and a Writers' Workshop.
Contact for workshops: (401) 723-4520 ext. 252
Contact for ESL and Citizenship classes: (401) 475-5496
The Progeso Latino adult education department has served the community for more than 30 years. Its mission is to prepare adults so that they may achieve their education and career goals for improved life and work opportunities. People of different backgrounds and cultures share ideas, hopes, and dreams to help bring learning to Progreso Latino’s communities.
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Native Literacy: literacy instruction in the native language of a learner as an initial step to entering our Adult Basic Education programs.
- Adult Basic Education: prepares adult students below 8th grade to enter the Adult Secondary Education program.
- Adult Secondary Education: assists students in obtaining their General Education Diploma (GED).
- Citizenship: prepares students for their citizenship interview including instruction in American History and politics.
- Job Development: support and training for job seekers.
Registration opens in September, January, and May.
Contact: (401) 728-5920
Offers a FREE Adult ESL class (for parents of students in Central Falls schools). For more information contact Denise DeBarros at 727-6177. Please make sure to register for the class.
Offers FREE ESL and GED classes at CF High School. Classes are Monday – Wednesday, from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. For more information contact Project RIRAL at 762-3841.