Welcome to the City of Central Falls Business Community!
If you are an existing local business, we appreciate your presence and ongoing contributions to our community, and pledge to do all that we can to help you and your business grow and prosper. For those considering starting or moving a business here, we stand ready to help you navigate everything you need to know to establish your business here.
Here’s a few of the exciting developments happening in our city!
- Broad Street 2.0 Regeneration Initiative- Central Falls, Pawtucket, and Cumberland are the recipients of an $11M DOT grant to upgrade the infrastructure of Broad Street, one of our two main commercial thoroughfares that run right through the City. Planning has just begun with work expected to begin in 2018- for more information and to participate in the process, see www.mybroadstreetri.com.
- The Landing- we have broken ground on a planned new multi-use commercial and recreational center located on Broad Street on the Blackstone River right at the Central Falls-Cumberland line. The site will also house the future home of Blackstone Valley Tourism Council headquarters.
- Pawtucket Central Falls Train Station- a joint planning commission has been created and planning is underway- expected opening 2020.
- Free bi-lingual business counseling- we have established formal outreach site relationship with the Rhode Island Small Business Development Center Network- bi-lingual business counseling is available on demand- see www.risbdc.org or call 401-616-2482 for more information or to make an appointment.
- E-permitting is here!- in August 2017 we became the latest municipality to join the statewide building and fire e-permitting platform- get started at https://centralfallsri.viewpointcloud.com/.
- C-PACE financing mow available- we have also joined the new program offered through the Rhode Island Infrastructure Bank offering a progressive no cash up-front 100% financing vehicle for business and property owners whose capital investments include an environmentally-friendly or energy efficient component. Personal guarantees are not required and participation in the program can be transferred to new owners should the business and property change hands. See https://ri-cpace.com/.