The City of Central Falls Planning and Economic Development Department is currently in the process of updating its Comprehensive Plan. Visit this link to learn more and take our community survey or learn about upcoming public meetings!
Planners within the City of Central Falls works closely with other City agencies, private citizens, neighborhood and community based organizations, and non-profits to ensure that sound planning principles are the basis for neighborhood planning efforts.
The Planning and Economic Development Department provides such services as:
- Developing a progressive and broad community vision in the City’s Comprehensive Plan, Neighborhood Plans, Special Area Plans and Redevelopment Plans
- Coordinated appropriate community review of development plans, zoning appeals, and planning related City Council bills
- Providing planning and policy expertise to communities, developers and City officials
What is the Comprehensive Plan?
Comprehensive planning is a process that determines community goals and aspirations in terms of community development. The outcome of comprehensive planning is the Comprehensive Plan which dictates public policy in terms of transportation, utilities, land use, recreation, and housing. Comprehensive plans typically encompass large geographical areas, a broad range of topics, and cover a long-term time horizon. The term comprehensive planning is most often used by urban planners in the United States.
The Comprehensive Plan consists of the following steps
- Identifying Issues
- Stating Goals
- Collecting Data
- Preparing the Plan
- Creating Implementation Plans
- Evaluating Alternatives
- Adopting the Plan
- Implementing and monitoring the plan