Ward 1Jonathan Acosta
535 Roosevelt Ave.
18 Evaleen St.
544 Hunt St.
1072 Lonsdale Ave.
City Council President Pro Tempore
184 Shawmut Ave.
324 Hunt St.
City Council Easy Access:
Looking to attend a meeting? Check out the City Council meeting calendar.
Looking to see what was discussed at a previous council meeting? Check out the latest agendas and minutes.
Couldn't make the Council Meeting? Check out the entire meetings on You Tube.
Public Notice of Citizen’s Rights
The Open Meetings Act requires that meetings of public bodies:
- Shall be accessible and open to the public, unless properly closed pursuant to RIGL 42-46-4 and 5.
- Shall be advertised 48 hours before the meeting by posting notice
- at the principle office of the public body holding the meeting (if no office exists, at the building where the meeting is to be held), and
- in one other prominent place within the governmental unit and
- electronically filed with the R.I. Secretary of State
The Access to Public Records Act requires that the public bodies:
- Shall provide access to public records unless exempt.
- Shall respond to a request for public records
- within ten business days of receipt of the request (for good cause, the time may be extended for an additional twenty business days).
Any citizen or entity of the state who is aggrieved by a violation of the Open Meetings Act or the Access to Public Records Act may file a complaint in Superior Court or with the Attorney General:
Rhode Island Office of Attorney General
150 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903
For more information on the Open Meetings Act or the Access to Public Records Act, please see the links to the Information Center in the left column. You can also call the Office of the Attorney General at (401) 274-4400 for further information.