The City collaborates with a number of local organizations to address community needs at a variety of scales. Previous community development partners include: Pawtucket Central Falls Development, Pawtucket Soup Kitchen, Housing Network of Rhode Island, Mental Health Association of Rhode Island, Blackstone Valley Community Action Program, Riverwood Mental Health, New Hope for Families, Progreso Latino and more.
Some recent CDBG-funded projects include:
- Tenant and landlord education courses with PCFD and Housing Network RI
- Major improvements to Jenks, Sacred Heart, and Crossman Parks
- Home repair program with BVCAP
- Closing cost assistance program with PCFD
- Renovation of the Veterans Memorial Park
- Affordable housing development with PCFD
- Public sidewalk repairs
Each year, the Office of Planning and Economic Development of the City of Central Falls applies to the State government of Rhode Island for CDBG funding. A State committee then assesses the application and makes its recommendations for how to distribute the funding. The Governor of Rhode Island approves these funding recommendations and sends funding award letters to the City of Central Falls.
Below are the City of Central Falls' CDBG application summaries and award letters from recent years.